Mar 10 '12
Palumbo Design Tackles Design-Build Practices and Integrated Project Delivery
Today Palumbo Design releases three position statements in regards to Best Business Practices.
Palumbo Design promotes the value of design-build project delivery systems and provides the effective integration of design and project management services. Palumbo Design’s position statements on these issues include the following:
Best Value Selection
Qualifications of Palumbo Design as a Design-Builder
- Palumbo Design recommends that the basis for evaluating "best value" design-build proposals should be "clearly articulated by the owner in the request for proposals" and "used in making the award."
- Specific evaluation criteria allows Palumbo Design to provide proposals that maximize benefits and optimize solutions to the owner's needs.
Integrated Project Delivery
- Palumbo Design believes in the design-build team's qualifications rather than the proposed bid, estimate or price charged and has 30 years of experience to prove full qualifications for the design-build team.
- According to Palumbo Design experiences, the lowest initial contract price does not necessarily equate to the best value to the owner. Palumbo Design will always show an array of quality products and materials that equate with the quality of the desired budget and outcome of the construction.
- IDP refers broadly to an approach in which key participants collaborate on the project from inception to completion.
- Palumbo Design "actively" promotes integrated project delivery principles.
- Although the IPD multi-party model seeks to achieve effective project integration, Palumbo Design believes that most owners will find traditional design-build to be a more flexible and practical option.